Human Resource Leadership Forum (HRLF), and Gatti & Associates are pleased to announce a new annual award recognizing outstanding HR Leaders in New England. The Bob Gatti HR Leadership Excellence Award showcases exemplary HR work and profiles individuals who are role models for all HR practitioners.
Please enter the information below to nominate yourself or a colleague for the Bob Gatti HR Leadership Excellence Award.
Bob Gatti: HR Champion
Bob Gatti exemplified excellence as a driver, builder, and facilitator of elevating the HR function and community in New England for over 40 years.
With a strong foundation as an HR practitioner in evolving companies such as Bank of Boston, Digital Equipment Corporation, Motorola and others, Bob saw an unmet need to find and develop HR talent. He witnessed how the HR function evolved from Personnel to HR, from administrative to strategic, and from support to a seat at the leadership table. He started Gatti & Associates, an HR only executive search firm, 35 years ago to fill critical talent gaps. The company thrives today, and continues its commitment to HR Leadership.
Bob was deeply devoted to creating communities for HR professionals to develop their skills and learn from one another. He was a founding member of HRLF and the first member of NEHRA. In addition, he devoted scores of hours to advising young people about the profession and how to enter it. He counseled literally thousands of HR professionals on how to build their careers and become better HR leaders. He helped individuals advance within companies and assisted others with launching and growing consulting practices.
Not only did Bob successfully help elevate HR and its importance to organizations, he represented timeless values for our profession:
- He brought deep expertise on Human Capital and applied it to real business challenges.
- Bob operated with integrity, honesty, fairness and transparency.
- He gave back to our community and supported those that made a positive difference.Bob was a role model for HR professionals everywhere.
This award embodies the lifetime legacy of what Bob demonstrated throughout his career. Honoring Bob through this award will help us keep his memory alive by recognizing his principles and the extraordinary work of HR leaders in our community.
Criteria for Nominees
- Bold and courageous leader—makes a difference
- Embodies integrity, honesty, fairness and transparency
- Innovative leader—successful at driving impactful change
- Demonstrates tangible results for those efforts
- Mentors—always there for others. Gives back to the profession by advising aspiring HR professionals.
- Chief HR Officer or senior HR leader in their organization
Current HR practitioner within a company or organization
Minimum of 15 years of HR experience
Open to all organizations (i.e., high tech, healthcare, education,
- New England based
- A nomination can be made by an individual or group of HR professionals by Monday, June 5, 2017
- The Nominating Committee will consist of representatives from Gatti &
Associates as well as HRLF Board members. The committee will review all nominations and send their award recommendations to the presidents of HRLF and Gatti & Associates. Those presidents will have final approval.
- Award recipients and their managers will be notified.
- Award nominees and recipient or recipients will be announced at the October 24th, 2017
Nominations are now closed for 2017. Plan to attend our October 24th program to congratulate the award winner or winners.